A Little About Us: Earthen is a homeware shop and ceramic studio in San Francisco, CA. Since 2012 we’ve been making ceramics that celebrate simple pleasures - cradling a warm cup of coffee, pausing to burn your favorite incense, vases full of fresh flowers, shared meals with friends. Our work is deeply inspired by nature, rooted in folk craft, and designed for the modern home.
We opened our brick & mortar in the Lower Haight in March 2018, and since then all of our ceramics are handmade in the back of the shop by our team of 2 women. In addition to our ceramic collection, our shop features a curated collection of some of our favorite objects - homeware, apothecary, pantry + jewelry from independent artists. We strive to create a warm and inspiring environment that is a gathering place for our community. We value hard work and creativity, and are dedicated to providing a growing environment for our employees.
We are currently hiring for the positions of:
We're Looking for Someone:
2-4 days / week
- Enthusiastic and warm, with strong communication skills and a love of homeware!
- Organized and detail oriented
- Self motivated and eager to learn
- Create a welcoming environment & assist customers by answering questions, be able to kindly handle difficult customer interactions
- Opening and closing the shop, daily cleaning
- Ringing up sales, gift wrapping
- Ensuring that store is organized, well-stocked, and that products are meticulously displayed
- Entering new products to the website
- Shipping online orders (no shipping experience necessary)
2 + years retail experience is preferred, but not required
Days of the week are flexible, weekend availability preferred.
Shop hours are 12-6pm
Must be available during the holidays.
To apply, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include your resumé and a bit about you and why you'd be a good fit!
We thank you for your interest in our position. We will consider every applicant, but due to volume are only able to reply to applications that we feel are a good match.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Earthen is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.