Earthen is a collection of ceramics and homeware rooted in folk craft and modern design. Our shop and studio in the Lower Haight is independent & woman-owned, and our ceramics are handmade in the back of the shop. Our goal is to provide timeless pieces that celebrate the beauty of everyday rituals.
In our shop, we strive to create a warm and inspiring environment that is a gathering place for our community. We value hard work and creativity, and are dedicated to providing a growing environment for our employees.
We are currently hiring for the positions of:
2-4 days / week
- Create a welcoming environment & assist customers by answering questions, be able to kindly handle difficult customer interactions.
- Ensure that store is clean and organized, well-stocked, and that products are meticulously displayed
- Ring up sales
- Prepare for opening and closing the store
- Enthusiasm, organization, and good inter-personal skills are a must!
Must be available to work at least 1 weekend day / week.
2 + years retail experience is preferred.
1-3 days / week
- Assist in ceramic production, including: waxing, stamping, glazing, attaching handles, slab building, loading kilns, sanding, recycling clay.
- Help keep the studio clean and organized, assist in ordering materials.
- Assist with ceramic workshops.
- Packing & Shipping
- (Throwing is a plus but not necessary!)
Must be able to lift 40+ lbs.
2 + years ceramic experience is preferred, but not required
To apply, please email your resume and a bit about why you think you'd be a good fit to to email@example.com
We thank you for your interest in position with Earthen. We will consider every applicant, but we will only reply to applications that we feel are a good match.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Earthen is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.